NEWS- Jimmy was proud to be apart of the Jeff Healey Walk of Fame induction recently. We'll post some video of that performance of that show soon.
- Some video from the Idea City performance The Jimmy Bowskill Band Live
- Jimmy and his band will be a guest at Idea City 2014. This is Jimmy's second time at Idea City. His first visit was in 2004.
- Jimmy will be opening for the legendary Dr. John at Victoria Hall Cobourg, Ont June 24, 2013
- We are currently on tour in Canada. Looking forward to seeing you all out there on the dusty trail. The first few shows have been awesome!
Jim and his band will be playing their full show in support of the current new Vinyl Release "Back Number"
Please check the tour page for show listings and ticket info.
- BACK NUMBER on 180G Vinyl is now available to order online!
Pressed at the world famous Pallas Plant in Diepholz, Germany.
Order your copy here "Back Number 180G VINYL"
- Lots of new tour dates coming up shortly! Check the tour page.
- Check out Jim's latest interview on the show Guitar Picks
- Thanks to Marshall Amplification for the great tour rig. Picture on Photos page of the Marshall 1974X stack!
- We are very honored to be featured in the current issue of Guitar Player Magazine! Click on this link to read the interview. www.guitarplayer.com
- The residency at Cherry Colas is going really well and we still have two more shows to play there this month. Come down and join us for a night if you can. 200 Bathurst St. Toronto just north of Queen.
- We will be playing weekly on Wednesday nights for the month of August at Cherry Colas Rock n Rolla Cabaret in Toronto starting August 8, 2012.
No door! No cover! Just a kick ass band at a cool little club. Come out and support live music.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control we have had to cancel our Western Canada dates for this Aug 4 & 5 at Kaslo and Rock Creek. We apologize for any inconvienience this may have caused anyone and we hope to make it out west again very soon.
- The Jimmy Bowskill Band Rocks for Autism June 15 at The Port Hope Lions Centre. See Tour page for details.
- "Back Number" comes in at #45 for the week of June 8th on the Roots Music Report.
- The Highways & Skyways Tour 2012 continues June 20 at Cherry Colas on Bathurst & Queen Toronto.
. Check the tour page for more info
- Check out the recent reviews for "Back Number" on the Bio / Reviews page.
- We have a show coming up April 20 with our friends from Zapp Concert Promotions at The Regent Theatre in Picton, Ont
tickets available at the theatre box office. Check the tour page for more details.
- American dates for the Highways & Skyways Tour 2012. Check the tour page for details. More shows to be added soon.
- Dec 1, 2011. We have completed work on the new record "The Jimmy Bowskill Band, Back Number". Our friends at Ruf Records in Germany will be releaseing this title on our behalf. Germany and Europe early January and North America this Spring. So the "Highways & Skyways Tour for 2012 is now set up and the flights are booked and we will roll into Bremen, DE on Jan 19, 2012 to start touring the new release. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
- We have a show at Cherry Colas Rock & Roll Cabaret, 200 Bathurst St. Tues Oct 18. Playing new material from our upcoming release.
- First dates of the "Highways & Skyways Tour" announced for Jan / Feb 2012. More dates to follow soon.
- New record has been recorded and will be released near the end of 2011.
- Review from the Southern Ontario portion of the "Take a Ride Tour" Market Hall, Peterborough show May 13, 2011 http://americanareview.blogspot.com/2011/05/concert-review-jimmy-bowskill-band.hotmail
- The "Take a Ride Tour" continues in Southern Ontario on Ma y 11 in Huntsville at the Algonquin Theatre. The tour also stops in Uxbridge and Peterborough. There will be Summer festival updates shortly as well.
- The Jimmy Bowskill Band are happy to be resuming the "Take a Ride Tour" starting next week March 18 in Drachten, NL at Iduna. We look forward to seeing you all on tour.
- Jimmy was featured recently on a CBC Radio 2 presentation called Canada Raves on the Blues. The show consisted of some of Canadas top Blues artists and was hosted by Colin Linden.
Track 1 - Spirit Of The Town by J. Bowskill
Track 2 - Spike Driver Blues by J. Hurt featuring Colin Linden on slide guitar
- De Bosuil Muziekcentrum, Weert NL March 20, 2011 has been added to the "Take a Ride Tour" for this coming Spring. Many more dates to come please check back and have a look at the Tour page.
- Jimmy will be opening for Robert Cray with a rare solo performance Feb 13, 2011 in Port Hope, Ontario at The Capitol Theatre. Tickets are available at the Capitol box office. www.capitoltheatre.com
- The Jimmy Bowskill Band has been nominated for "Electric Act Of The Year" at the 2011 Maple Blues Awards to be held at Koerner Hall at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Monday, January 17, 2011.
- Online voting is open from Midnight Newfoundland Daylight Time October 29th, 2010, through Midnight Pacific Standard Time December 12th, 2010 at http://torontobluessociety.com/site/?page_id=1708
- Jimmy Bowskill "Live" has been released in Europe, North America and The U.K.!
- We have just released the "Live" record in North America, Europe and the U.K. this past week with our friends at Ruf Records in Germany. We will see you all soon on tour!
New show added to the Take a Ride Tour for Germany.
Oct 10, Garage Deluxe, Munich.
tickets @ www.snaketicket.de
Review of the Threee J's show in Bonn. http://www.english-network.de/3-js-3-different-blues
European Tour Dates for the Take A Ride Tour 2010 / 11 announced!
Check the Tour page for more info.
Check the tour page for more info.
The Three J's - Just announced! The Jimmy Bowskill Band will be opening a show for Jeff Beck and Joe Bonamassa in Bonn, Germany July 19th. Billed as the three J's. Check the tour page for more info or click on the poster to purchase tickets.
New Live CD review from Classic Rock Revisited. http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/reviewbowskill.htm
"I played with him last year at this big festival in Canada called 'Nakusp'. He's got a great feel. He reminds me of Paul Kossoff [Free], who we sadly lost all those years ago. He's almost the spitting image of him which is incredible."
Paul Rodgers ( Artist Direct )
„The potential for big success is existing and they blues rock is in
need for fresh blood”
SLAM , Germany
You are visitor number: 128872